Full-Time Research Coordinator/Product Manager
UN Global Pulse, the UN’s “Big Data” innovation initiative, is hiring a client-facing Research Coordinator/Product Manager.
This person will interface between our “clients” (UN agencies, NGOs, government partners) to help design potential Big Data projects by working with our clients to understand their needs/requirements, and developing a scope of work for those projects, then manage the project’s execution through development of a working prototype (with the data scientists on our team and any “external partners” we may be working with – like an academic team or a private sector company with a powerful analytics tool), and communicating results & findings.
This person will be the bridge between our UN-world, and the Data Science world – bringing our R&D collaborative projects to fruition.
Ideally this person will:
- Have client-based project management experience (with EXCELLENT listening skills; understanding what the client needs)
- Be a problem-solver and an action-oriented team player
- Project management experience: competent with scoping out structured project plans, setting milestones and hitting deadlines
- Highly organized and a clear communicator
- Have an understanding of the data science/analytics and can help explain the basics to our “clients”
- Experienced with “experimental design” or rapid prototyping desirable
How to Apply
Complete the FULL ONLINE APPLICATION at: https://gprs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=804
Deadline: September 11, 2012
2725 total views, 6 today